1. These general condition of sale (“general terms”) describe the terms on which Julien Fournié SAS located at 47 rue de paradis 75010 Paris, France (“Julien Fournié,” “we,” “us,” “our,” sells, and a consumer [“you”] purchases Julien Fournié products [“products”] through the website boutique.julienfournie.com or julienfournie.com/boutique[“website”].
2. These general terms will apply to any contract for the sale of products by Julien Fournié to you through the website (“contract”).
3. The sale of products under these general terms is only available to consumers (i.E., For purposes extraneous to their trade, business, craft and profession and not for profit), who have reached the age of majority and have full legal capacity to enter into a contract, in their country.
5. We reserve the right to amend or update all or part of these general terms from time to time, without notice. We will always post the most current version of these general terms on the website and display the “last updated” date to reflect the date of the changes.
6. Information on our products and relevant prices are available on the website.
7. Pictures of the products displayed on the website may not correspond to their true appearance. In particular, the colors, fabric, shade, grain, texture of the products shown on your screen may vary from those on the true product. Therefore, you shall rely exclusively on the description of the products and their characteristics as mentioned on the website.
8. We reserve the right, in our sole discretion, to limit the quantities and/or types of any products available on the website per person, household or per order. These restrictions may include orders placed by or under the same account, the same payment method and/or orders that use the same billing and/or shipping address.
9. We may change or discontinue a product or any of its features, as described on the website, at any time and without notice. During the purchasing process, we will inform you if your order cannot be processed due to the unavailability of the ordered products.
10. In the event your connection to the website fails, your selection of products may be lost. In such case you will be required to re-enter your selection. Please note that products in your shopping cart are not reserved and may be purchased by other customers. In no event shall we be liable to you for the unavailability of a product following a failure or loss of your connection to the website.
11. Prices of products are indicated on the website in euros and do not include any applicable sales taxes or other taxes outside the European Union.
12. If you order from a country outside the European Union, others taxes are not included in the price indicated on our site. These taxes are at your entire charge. These taxes should be paid before you can receive your purchase.
13. We make all reasonable efforts to ensure that all prices for the products displayed on the website are correct. Occasionally, however, an error may occur, and products may be mispriced (incorrect price or typographical errors in the price shown).
14. We reserve the right to change the products prices at any time and without notice, but such changes will not apply to products for which you have received an order acceptance.
15. The information about the products and their prices that is displayed on the website is an invitation to treat and does not represent an offer by us or a unilateral contract.
16. To purchase products on the website, you must follow all the instructions provided by the online purchase process: Include the selected products, (fill in the order form with your personal information (name, address, email, telephone, shipping/billing address), select your payment method, accept the general terms, accept the tou and place your order through the website.
17. Before submitting your order, you will be given the opportunity to review your selection, check the total price and correct any errors.
18. All orders submitted by you are subject to our acceptance. Once you place your order, we will acknowledge it by email [“order confirmation”]. This order confirmation does not, however, mean that your order has been accepted. We may choose not to accept your order, in whole or in part, without liability to you. Examples of non-acceptance of your orders are as follows: The products are not available; or you do not comply with the eligibility conditions set out in section 9; or you have ordered too many products; or we are unable to obtain authorization for your payment; or your payment or a double authentication of your payment could not be made; or reported or suspected, fraudulent, illegal or unauthorized activities, including suspected purchases for commercial purposes; or the delivery address provided by you is not a valid address; or you have not fulfilled your obligations deriving from a prior contract entered into with us.
19. The contract between us and you will only be concluded when you receive from us an email notification confirming shipment of your order [“order acceptance”]. The order acceptance (or rejection) shall be sent to the email address provided by you in the order. The details of your accepted orders are available under « my account » section of the website.
20. In case of unavailability of one or more ordered products, we will contact you and inform you of such unavailability. The order will be partially cancelled and you shall pay only the price of the available product(s).
21. The order confirmation/acceptance will include notably the order number, basic information on the purchased products, an indication of the price and the shipping address.
22. Once you receive the order acceptance you can no longer cancel or modify your order unless otherwise provided in these general terms. Dispatched products can however be returned as set out in articles below.
23. From time to time we may invite you to pre-order certain selected products on the website before they are available to purchase from the website [« pre-order products »]. The thirty (30) days delivery term set out in articles below will not apply to pre-order products. An estimated delivery date for the pre-order products will be communicated to you when we confirm your order.
24. You must pay the price of the products (including applicable vat, in European Union).
25. We only accept payments made in euros.
26. We will not debit the amount of your order until we have confirmed availability of the products; we have sent you the order acceptance; we have received authorization to debit your card from the card issuer; your debit/credit card data, has been verified.
27. If your payment cannot be processed for any reason, we will cancel your order and our contract with you will end immediately, without liability to you. We will inform you by mail.
28. You are responsible for the relevant charges or fees, if any, applied by your card issuer, bank or other payment institution as a result of our processing of your payment.
29. For each order, we will issue an electronic invoice for the purchased products, and you agree to such form of invoicing. The e-invoice will be established based upon the information provided by you at the time of submitting the order. No alterations to the e-invoice are possible once the e-invoice has been issued.
30. Please note that for pre-ordered products, payment is immediate, but the time for delivery of the product to our carrier may reach a maximum of one hundred and twenty (120) days.
31. The purchased products shall be delivered by a courier service selected by us [“career”]. Products shall be delivered to the address indicated by you in the order form. We are not responsible for any delivery problems arising from incomplete or incorrect address details supplied by you. Please note that we will not deliver to po boxes, address of freight forwarders, or hotels.
32. The purchased products will be shipped out only after we receive your payment in full. If we do not receive your payment in full, whatever the reason, we can delay or refuse to dispatch the products without liability to you.
33. We will take all reasonable steps to deliver the purchased products within the estimated periods communicated to you during the checkout process before you confirm your order, except if a force majeure event, an event beyond our reasonable control or any unforeseeable circumstance occurs. If the delivery has not occurred within thirty (30) days of the order acceptance (excluding product in pre-order), you will be entitled to cancel the contract and we shall, without undue delay, refund you all sums paid under the contract.
34. Upon delivery of the products by the courier, you (or the person designated by you) are required to : Verify that the number of packages delivered corresponds to that indicated on the delivery note; verify that the packages and their seals are intact, undamaged, not wet or altered in any manner; verify that the delivered products conform to the style, model, color, size, and other characteristics of the products, as described in the order confirmation/acceptance; sign the delivery note; and if requested by the courier, show your official and valid id.
35. Any damages to the packages and/or the products, or discrepancies in the number of packages or documentation, or any lack of conformity of the products must be immediately mentioned in writing on the courier’s delivery note. Once you’ve signed the courier’s delivery note, you may no longer make a claim with respect to the delivered packages.
36. You can track the status of your shipment on the website of our career.
37. The risk of loss of, damage to, and destruction of, the products shall pass to you when you (or a person designated by you and other than the carrier) take physical possession of the products at the delivery address given by you.
38. Title in the products shall pass to you on the date on which the products are delivered to your delivery address.
39. You have the possibility to withdraw from/cancel the contract within fourteen (14) days from the date on which you (or the person designated by you) take physical possession of the products. The use or alteration of the product, alteration or removal of labels and labels which are attached to the product when it is delivered, will be considered as actions of the customer by which he has de facto waived his right to retraction.
40. The possibility of withdrawal does not apply to orders for personalized products, such products specially monogrammed for you; products made to measure or to your specifications; products purchased as part of a private sale or sale organized by Maison Julien Fournié; products that benefit from an exceptional discount that has been granted to you; products likely to be easily deteriorated or expired; and products which cannot be sent back given their nature, or for hygiene reasons, and any other product that you were informed at the time of submitting your order could not be returned (« non-returnable products »).
41. Some products are “non-returnable.” These are in particular products subject to the “cites” procedure.
42. To exercise your possibility of withdrawal, you must inform us of your decision to exercise your right of withdrawal the contract within the period of time mentioned in section 39 by sending an email to consumer service and filling out a return form which will be sent to you in response to your first email. To benefit from this possibility of withdrawal, you agree to scrupulously respect this procedure.
43. You must return the purchased products within two (2) days from the date you have received the return form.
44. The products shall be returned in their original condition. Unaltered, unused, undamaged, in their original packaging and with original tags and labels unaltered, unused, undamaged, attached along, with all accessories and related documents.
45. If a returned product does not meet the conditions for its return, as listed in section 39, 40, 41, 42 et 43, we will send back such product to you to the address you indicated in the return form, or if such address is not valid, to the address communicated by you when you placed the order. This return will occur within thirty (30) days from the date we informed you of the rejection of the returned products, unless a force majeure event, an event beyond our reasonable control or any unforeseeable circumstance occurs.
46. We will refund you amounts paid by you for the product. We will not refund you the delivery charges and any taxes you may have paid for your product. We will refund the price of the product minus the taxes and shipping costs that we would have been obliged to pay in charge on the return. This amount will be refunded within fourteen (14) days from the date we received back from you the products. We will refund you using the same payment method that you used when you placed your initial order. Please note that we may reduce your refund to reflect any diminished value of the products resulting from your handling of the products other than what is necessary to establish the nature, characteristics and functioning of the products.
47. The Julien Fournié store sells gift cards. These gift cards can be used to pay for all items offered in the Julien Fournié boutique. The amount of these gift cards is deducted from the amount of the article. The balance must be paid by one of the payment methods offered by the store. Beyond one month (30 days) after the purchase of the gift card, no refund is possible, the gift card being usable without limit of duration. If after a purchase made on the store the amount of the card has not been fully used, the balance remains available for a later purchase, it can not be refunded. In case of return of a product paid in part or in full with the gift card, the amount is credited back to the gift card account and cannot be refunded, it remains available for a later purchase. In the latter case, any return shipping costs can be paid from the balance of the gift card.
48. These general terms and, therefore, the contracts entered into with you, shall be governed by and will be interpreted in accordance with the laws of France.
49. Any disputes arising out of, or relating to, these general terms and the contracts shall be submitted to the jurisdiction of the competent courts in France.
General conditions of sale modified on 31/08/2022